2018 Audi TTRS (Nardo Grey)
Optimum Opti-coat Pro application is the strongest protection available for a vehicle’s clear coat. Unlike waxes and sealants, Opti-Coat Pro is applied once, and lasts for the entire lifespan of the paint. It comes with an optional five year warranty and is truly scratch and swirl resistant. It strengthens the clear-coat by roughly 10x, and is only available to authorized installers by Optimum Car Care.
Generally speaking, solid/non-metallic paints are the hardest to work on, but are the most rewarding when finished. In today is Juna's new TTRS in Nardo Grey; a very unique color indeed! Upon arrival the car seemed to be in pretty good shape with just some minor swirling. I thought that a single step polish may be good to get it to a coatable level. However, it is an Audi, and most Audi's typically have very hard clears. It also didn't help that the paint was non-metallic, so any little swirl or scratch would show! Talk about a headache. I ended up giving the whole car a whole additional step with a more aggressive polish, which really proved to be worth the extra effort in the end. Thanks Juna (& Dennis)!
P.S. If anyone needs landscaping work done, hit up Dennis at Bay Area Sustainable Landscaping
- Optimum No Rinse Wash + Grit Guard & Ultra Plush MF
- Optimum Primer Polish / Rupes LHR21ES 6.5″ Mark II / Orange
- Meguiars M100 / Rupes LHR21ES 6.5″ Mark II / MF Cutting
- Meguiars M100 / Rupes iBrid Short Neck / Coarse Foam
- Optimum Paint Prep
- Optimum Opticoat Pro / Foam Block / Microfiber Suede
- Optimum Opticoat Pro+ / Foam Block / Microfiber Suede
- CarPro Iron-X
- Nanoskin Autoscrub / ONRWS
- Optimum Opti-bond
- Optimum Power Clean
- Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax (Jambs)